CareER Disability Inclusion Index
What is CareER Disability Inclusion Index?
CareER Disability Inclusion Index (CareER DII) is a comprehensive assessment tool for organisations to build a roadmap of measurable and tangible actions towards workplace disability inclusion. In recent years, there is a rising demand for a structured framework of disability inclusion strategies to meet standards of Environmental, Social, Governance (“ESG”). Many countries have developed various assessment tools and indices for this purpose, including Australia, Canada, India, Singapore, UK, and the US. We learned and combined experience from these countries with our employers and talent pool, CareER DII brings a localized framework of disability inclusion in Hong Kong (and allow flexibility for potential adaptation in other APAC regions).
Why disability inclusion matters?
Many people may take disability inclusion as a social responsibility, but unaware of its benefits to business. Below describes how practising disability inclusion benefits business:
- Boost innovation: A more diverse and inclusive workplace encourages idea exchange among people from different background. Having more understanding on different people also makes developing products and/or services for a wide range of customers easier
- Conscious Branding: Customers pay more attention to the brand’s social responsibility nowadays thanks to the growing trend of ethical consumerism. Being a more disability inclusive employer means getting more respect from these customers and hence a gain in business
- Grow your market: With 8.1% of people living with a disability in Hong Kong, accessible physical environment, products and inclusive service providers can enhance their capability and provide the equal opportunity for them to access those products and/or services, which means a great opportunity for growing business in a new market
These are just a few examples of how being disability inclusive can help your business. Check out the CareER DII and membership package to explore more!
How CareER DII helps?
CareER DII aims to provide references and assistances to various stakeholders in society:
For Community and Government
- To promote an open, inclusive and accessible working environments for all persons with disabilities and SENs (not only focusing on higher educated population)
- Serve as a reference to the Rehabilitation Advisory Committee of the HK Government
- Support the government in designing policies that can better support persons with disabilities in the workplace
- Provide a structure business studies on disability inclusion strategies
- Formulate sustainable plans and operation tips to promote disability inclusion in your
- Learn inclusive best practices from and identify areas of improvement
CareER DII is supported by the following organisations:
CareER DII consists of 8 sections with 35 questions in total:
- Organisational Policies and Structure
- Civic and Community Engagement
- Products and Services
- Supply Chain and Procurement
- Staff Engagement and Retention
- Accommodation and Adjustment
|Section||No. of questions||Suggested respondents|
|Organisational Policies and Structure||6||Senior Management, D&I team|
|Civic and Community Engagement||3||Senior Management, D&I team, Sustainability team|
|Products and Services||5||Marketing / Business Development, Sales, Research and Development team|
|Supply Chain and Procurement||3||Procurement / Admin|
|Recruitment||4||Human Resources / Talent Development|
|Staff Engagement and Retention||6||Human Resources / Talent Development|
|Accommodation and Adjustment||2||Human Resources / Talent Development|
|Accessibility||6||Property Management, IT|
Quick Access Version
Unlike the full version (which requires a fee), this free quick access version only includes yes-no questions. Please note that as this is NOT a comprehensive assessment, it may not capture all aspects of your disability inclusion efforts. The questions ONLY cover some specific areas that we consider to be more aligned with international indicators. Please be assured that your answers to these questions will not be used against you as it is for your self-assessment and understanding only. Many answers listed here serve as aspirational goals that are meant to stretch and motivate business leaders – a lot of organisations who have just started their disability inclusion journey do not have these practices in place. Answering “no” to these questions does not mean that you have done poorly.
Click here to access the quick access version of the CareER DII.
Please fill in your valid contact information for the questions. We will send you the report afterwards, which will give you a preliminary understanding on your disability inclusiveness. The information you provided will be kept strictly confidential and for internal use only. CareER will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent.
If you are interested in the advanced version and a holistic support, please refer to our membership package or contact us at email@example.com.