CareER Scholarship Program
CareER Scholarship Program
CareER Scholarship Program is to give recognition to students with disabilities / Special Educational Needs (SENs) in the pursuit of excellence in participating in community services and commitment in the community, achievement in extra-curricular activities and their willingness to challenge themselves to experience new exposure. Academic Achievement is NOT the main focus in terms of selection criteria.
- To empower the beneficiaries with more exposure in the community
- To allow the awardees to have greater exposure to learn about employment situations, practices and prospects
- To support the awardees to experience the workplace first-hand and to pursue continuous training and studies to enhance their employment prospects and opportunities
- To provide some financial support to the awardees to enable them to acquire assistive equipment and technology to enhance their employment prospects and opportunities
- For Post-Secondary applicants, up to 5 scholarship offers would be made with HK$10,000 for each awardee.
- For Senior-Secondary applicants, up to 5 scholarship offers would be made with HK$5,000 for each awardee.
6-month Mentorship Program
Each awardee will have one designated alumni as mentor, mentor and mentee will be matched in accordance with their disability/ disabilities / SENs and their career interests. The mentorship program includes lunch and learn sessions with guest speakers from various sectors including entrepreneurs and business leaders and meeting with the mentor.
The program also includes career talks, company visit and alumni sharing on the themes of various prevailing industries each month.
Narrative Therapy Workshops
Through storytelling and story writing workshops to engage them in knowledge and experience sharing with their peers in order to facilitate a better mentorship experience.
- Eligible Hong Kong Permanent Resident holding a valid Hong Kong Identity Card
- Currently studying in or graduated from all UGC and non-UGC funded institutes/ degrees in Hong Kong (for Post-Secondary applicants)
- Currently studying in Form 4 to 6 at mainstream and special schools (for Senior-Secondary applicants)
Applicant is required to complete the application form and enclose the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 2 pages) in English;
- A copy of valid Student Card issued by your school (for applicants who are currently studying in senior-secondary or post-secondary institutes); or
- A copy of the Graduate Certificate (for graduates applicants)
Applicant is also required to enclose any one of the following proofs in the application:
- A copy of letter on your condition issued by the Department of Health or Hospital Authority (or under exceptional circumstances by a registered medical practitioner from private sector or from private hospital) ;or
- A copy of the Registration Card for People with Disabilities issued by Labour and Welfare Bureau ;or
- A copy of letter of entitling to Disability Allowance by the Social Welfare Department
Interested participants please fill in the application form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 28 February 2023.
*All the information provided by the applicant will remain confidential and only be used for the program only.
*Successful applicant will automatically become a member of CareER and agree to receive events newsletter sent from us by email or instant messaging.
*CareER reserves the right to any final decision.
For any enquiries, please contact Ms. Liza Wong or Ms. Michelle Mong at 3844 6363 or email to email@example.com.
Previous Awardees’ Sharing
2022年度高中獎學金得獎者 – 王愉程：
得獎後希望去學一門新語言增值自己及裝備自己，在日後找工作或在職場上提高個人 競爭力及實力，提升被取錄的機會及工作能力。我本身對韓 國文化及語言有興趣，以前曾經短暫學習過韓文，但最終因升上中六，課程緊張而沒有繼續，所以希望在考完公開試後可以再次學習韓文。我還希望購買乒乓球器材，正如工欲善其事，必先利其器，這筆獎學金必定能幫助我在運動的路上更上一層樓，讓我好好裝備自己去迎戰亞洲殘疾人運動會，甚至放更遠的目標在下屆奧運會作準備。
2022年度大專組得獎者 – 黃潤超 ：